Clock callback issue for Mu IR and wasm
Background: we run fib benchmarks on different languages/implementations.
First problem I noticed is that when we use
clock_getttime and compile through wasm toolchain, we always get
0.000000 as reading. Use
clock instead of
clock_gettime solved the problem. A possible cause is that wasm environment doesn't have access to some low-level things.
Then, we found that around 30% of the time, the executable produced by feeding handwritten Mu IR to Zebu gives
0.000000. Following is the debug attempts:
clockdoesn't solve the problem
- John used Holstein and the problem could not be reproduced
- Yi used lldb with conditional breakpoint and found that sometimes even when the register containing the result is non-zero, we still got